Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pink and Red


     I've had these pictures for quite a while now, but I just hadn't gotten around to writing this post. I love this outfit, and I have worn it several times this Summer. I thrifted the skirt a year or so ago, and I found the shirt in the second hand bin in the laundry room of my dorm. It was cut at the bottom, and had a few holes in the seams; rather like someone was trying to alter it and gave up. I patched it up, and it is one of my favorite blouses now. It is pure cotton and very light and breezy. I love wearing sleeves in the summertime to keep the heat off, so this was a perfect combination.



     I had worn this to go to the store with my Mom and Rachael. We were looking for plants for the garden. It was a lovely day, but it got rather warm outside. Fortunately, this outfit does well in heat for me. When we got home, I asked my Mom to take some pictures for me, which she kindly did.

     I have been trying to get some sewing done lately. It is a bit of a process; I am a nocturnal sewer, but I also work evenings at my job. It is therefore difficult to actually buckle down and sew. I am currently working on a light green sailor dress, and I can't wait to finish it and share the results! I have also been spending more time watching old movies. I always forget how happy they make me. There is just a certain quality to them that is missing in the newer stuff. I have been especially hooked on Marilyn Monroe movies. I am always so saddened by her story, and I wish she could have found joy. One thing I love about her is that she is considered one of the most beautiful women ever to have lived, and I agree. But you know something? She had flaws that would be considered ugly in a modern woman. For instance, if you see her in profile, you'll notice a slight pooch in the tummy; but it didn't matter at all! She was confident in her body, and that is what gave her beauty.
Lots of love!

2 comments:

  1. I am also trying to sew more and hooked on old movies, AND even Marilyn Monroe ones! Crazy!
    I can't wait to see the dress you're working on! It sounds adorable already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I saw that you were watching 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes' the other day. The funny thing is that I had just watched it a day or two before. It's an old favorite of mine, but I hadn't watched it in ages. Great minds think alike, I suppose :)

      Delete