Thursday, August 28, 2014

A New Year


     The semester has officially begun! I can't believe how quickly that happened, but I am very excited for what this year has to offer. I am moved in, and my room is completely put together. One of the advantages of being a returning student is that I don't have to participate in all of the Launch activities; which basically means that I was able to spend all day Saturday putting my room to rights. As I have mentioned my need for cleanliness before, you can imagine how wonderful it was for me to have no clutter while I slept. I felt bad for my new roommate, Mackenzie, who is a freshman and did have to be out in the heat.


     My suite-mates and I had to get a first day of school picture (sadly, Mackenzie was not present). I don't believe that this dress has ever made it onto the blog, which is quite shocking. It is several years old now, and I made it from Vintage Vogue 1172. I love it, but my one complaint would be that the shoulders are rather restrictive. Other than that, it went together beautifully. I do love Vogue patterns.


     It is interesting to be back in school. I love being able to see all of my friends again, and there is nothing like a fresh start to get one excited! I am determined to make this year even better than last year. The starting place for that goal is in putting myself out there more. I want to have a large circle of great friends, and I have everything I need for that right here. It is basically up to me to put myself out there and develop the friendships I already have, and make new friendships with those I haven't met yet.  Again, there is nothing quite like a new beginning. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to be here, and there are such fantastic people to know and love all around me.
Whether you are going to school yourself, or have young ones who are; enjoy the wonderful year of learning ahead of you!
Lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment