Saturday, September 20, 2014

School Spirit!


     It's that time of year again! Crisp breezes, hot drinks, and football games. Now, I'm not much of a sports fan, but I love going to sporting events. I love Fall time and the beginning of school. There is nothing that brings out school spirit quite like a good old fashioned football game, with cheerleaders and marching bands and school colors everywhere you look.


    The first home football game for my school was last Saturday, and the theme was blackout. It was delightfully chilly that day, so I wore my black pencil skirt, a black turtleneck, a checkered bandanna, and my maroon cardigan - I needed a little of our school colors! It actually got quite cold, and I was glad to get home by the end of it! And yes, I wore heels, and I did "charge" the field in them.



     I have been busy with beginning of the year activities around here, namely auditioning. I auditioned for the school movie first. I didn't expect a part, since the only female character was described as a college athlete . . . so I wasn't too disappointed when I didn't get a callback, and I got some great, and much needed, experience auditioning. Then I auditioned for our school production, which I did get a callback for, and when the play changed, I had to go to callbacks again. I am pleased to announce that I will be playing Mrs. Higgins in "Pygmalion" this semester!This is the first significant role I have ever received, and I am beside myself with excitement!
     I hope to get back to regular blogging again, now that I have settled into my routine. I will be quite busy this semester, which is quite fine by me! I am taking 16 credit hours, I am a main role in the play, and I will be assisting with sewing costumes again. Also, I did bring my sewing machine this year, and I will hopefully find time soon to get some of my waiting projects done.
Lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment