Monday, August 28, 2017

Aprons

"Why, Hannah, why ever are you spending your free time making an apron? You could have bought one." Ah, but it's ever so much more fun to make a pretty thing and think to oneself, "If I didn't exist in this world, neither would that pretty thing." I suppose it brings a sort of meaning and purpose to life, however small. Not to mention the great functionality of a good apron in a home. I have been living without one for four months in my little home now, and it is simply too much. Aprons are a requirement for a lovely life.

Creating things has always been a big part of my life. Thanks to my mother, who taught me the joys of crafting from a very young age, and to my sisters who have always shared their joys of creating, I have grown up with the mentality that if I want a pretty thing, I can probably make it. It is liberating to have that kind of creative power.

Now, back to the apron.

I wanted to make a fun mismatched apron that would be functional and pretty. I think these fabric choices work well because they allow for messy cooking but don't betray their extreme functionality. I also wanted it to match the already existing kitchen, and I think it does very well, especially hanging next to the bread and butter. I really must do a tour of the apartment sometime soon.


 I am *gasp* rather old-fashioned, so the yellow and blue toile with the red and blue gingham suited me very well. I put this together in a fury of inspiration last night. There's nothing quite so nice as a project that comes together quickly and nicely. It's almost the same as instant gratification. At least, I consider any project that can be started and completed in the same day to be so.





Did I forget to mention that I cut bangs? I haven't quite decided my stance on them yet, but I am willing to give them a fighting chance. Really, it comes down to whether I look more like Hermione or a carefree French girl. Regardless, I must persevere and wear the bangs! Else they might wear me, and we all know that that is the true tragedy of any haircut.



I am thinking of whipping up some more aprons and putting them for sale, perhaps with matching (or complementary) napkins as well. Comment to let me know if you would be interested!

But for now,
Au revoir, mes amies!

6 comments:

  1. Would love one! A Disney themed one would be amazing! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just might have to go find some suitable fabrics then!

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love! And i think you wear the haircut, rather than the their way 'round, which is as it should be 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope so, it does get rather fluffy of its own accord. But that's to be expected

      Delete
  3. I love this! And you're right; aprons are such great quick projects to get some creativity out. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very talented. Gotta love aprons.

    ReplyDelete